MDM: Managing Your Mobile Fleet
Recent advances in mobility have seen a huge increase in the number of employees working remotely. Mobile devices, like tablets and smartphones, are now regarded as essential business tools, allowing both employers and their teams to benefit from the various advantages of flexible working. Not only does this shift in the workplace enable businesses to become more productive, research shows it’s also helped to reduce costs, improve morale and reduce the rate of absences.
Although there’s no questioning that the rise in mobile use has far-reaching benefits, our newfound flexible working freedom can also lead to some serious security risks. With many devices being used to access both professional and personal information, organisations now face the added pressure of ensuring sensitive corporate data remains protected outside of the four walls of the office.
With so many issues rearing their head when it comes to keeping your business data secure, what can you do if you want to keep yourself safe?
Mobile Device Management: Explained
At GT, we understand the challenges that mobility creates. That’s why we provide mobile device management (MDM) solutions to proactively monitor your business mobile fleet. This innovative platform delivers the essential functionality to control, secure and continuously monitor devices, ensuring sensitive corporate information is always protected.
Complete with reporting features and functions, our MDM software also allows users to view usage across the organisation, identifying where and when data is being used and putting restrictions in place when necessary.
So, why MDM?
Aside from the obvious, retaining control over your field-based employees and protecting your business, there are so many reasons why your organisation should start using a MDM solution. Here’s just a few:
- Control; MDM creates a firewall between the business and personal areas of a device, allowing you to control which applications have access to business data
- App Download; Block or limit non-approved apps or programmes, to keep your devices in line with policy
- Loss & Theft; Remotely wipe and lock devices to protect your business from the impact of loss or theft whilst also ensuring compliance with data protection legislation. After all, you don’t want your information falling into the wrong hands!
- Monitor & Mange; Online portals give you the capability to view all employee devices and configure them remotely
- Analysis; Business management reporting helps you to understand your device usage and monitor data usage in real-time and set alerts accordingly
If the rise of mobility has left you feeling vulnerable about the security of your business, get in touch with one of our mobile specialists today and find out more about what MDM could do for you.